Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What to Wear: Suit Up When Stepping Out

** Great news: www.fantasy-armor.com is back!**

I hate it when I find broken/outdated links in my favorites list. I used to visit www.fantasy-armor.com all the time for reference and ideas. But now it's apparently defunct, which really super sucks because it was an awesome site. I'll link it anyway in case it comes back. I know it changed ownership not too long ago and was under construction for a while; hopefully it's coming back bigger and better. (fingers crossed)

The bright side is I found this going through the web's other suggestions

Mercwars.com - Fantasy Armor

It's a great article that's right up my alley because I always try to steer clear of overdone anime/Final Fantasy style armors. I think Lord of the Rings resonated with me so much because of how realistic it was in terms of visuals. The armor, weapons, architecture, etc all seemed very feasible....given the expertise of elves, dwarves, wizards and ancient cultural foundations ;)

Don't miss out on cruising the rest of mercwars.com I can't speak for all of it yet since it's such a new find for me, but what I've seen so far is fantastic.

This is another fav that has survived the test of time.

Elads Fantasy Armor

I especially like the Drizzt armor based on the incredible Todd Lockwood's art. What can I say? I love me some R.A. Salvatore stories. In fact, next post I'll drop a bunch of D&D links.....and I mean a BUNCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment