Friday, November 16, 2012

Pathfinder Maps

This morning I ordered my big prints from Banners on the Cheap of Ansaera and Westerlands! A 2x2 tabletop/game mat map and a 3x6 wall hanger with grommets for under $40 (including shipping). What a steal of a deal. Their 30% off sale is still going until next Tuesday 11/20, so you better hurry if you want to save on your awesomely mappy early Christmas present.

And speaking of wall hangers, I think I'm up to 2 dozen maps from various Pathfinder map folios from the brush of one Rob Lazzaretti. Sadly I don't have the wall space to hang them all in my Nerdatorium and what space I do have is going to get rearranged and gobbled up with my banner maps get delivered. Next time I'll post pics of what the Nerdatorium currently looks like and then I'll post more after I make the switcheroo.

In the mean time, here's a look at some of the Pathfinder maps that adorn the walls of yours truly.

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/tags/maps

Start at the bottom of the page and go up to get to the goodies.

I love how simple and colorful the maps are without making things appear too cartoony. I want my adventures to take place in medieval/fantasy towns and villages, not the Disney theme park version of a medieval/fantasy town or village. I like the ambiance of dwarves and halflings wandering about with brigands and sell swords, not Snow White and Mickey glad handing 5 year olds.

With Disney owning Hasbro (which includes WotC/D&D), Marvel, and Lucasarts now, I'm sure it's only a matter of time until Pathfinder is under the corporate umberella. At what point does a corporation become an imperium?

No comments:

Post a Comment