Thursday, October 4, 2012

Yawn...But in A Good Way

My buddy Nils over at Enderra.com is the Gandalf to my Frodo. He drags me from my hole and opens up whole new worlds through his experience and wisdom. I cannot thank him enough. He's been a patient mentor, chat buddy, and a great sounding board for new ideas (and sometimes rehashing old ones).

His latest finds/contributions are these: 

Yawning Portal Maps 1

Yawning Portal Maps 2

You really really need to check it out. I'm floored by the number and posts since March. I cannot imagine having the drive and dedication to pull off a blog like Yawningportal. Tom's experience and know how goes back decades, and it absolutely shows. His passion and penchant for D&D obviously shows, but it's equally impressive how versed he is in other games and design as well. The man makes his own miniatures and settings for gods' sake!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah the guy's a really good map-maker. I hope he can create digital versions of his maps some day (inkscape/Illustrator - I have a feeling a clean, drawn style would suit those maps best).

    ReplyDelete