Friday, July 6, 2012

BEWARE! Enter at Your Own Risk

Not like this blog gets a lot of traffic, but you may have noticed that several posts/images have been removed. That is thanks to the cautionary, well-intentioned advice of my friends.

While I did not know, and certainly did not mean any harm, I was infringing upon others' copyrighted works. It's not like I was served with papers to appear in court for art theft, but in an extreme case it could happen.

To hopefully help others avoid from stepping in the same mess, READ THIS:

How To Avoid Copyright Infringement

As it points out, just because you found it on the internet does not grant you a free for all to take it and post it elsewhere - even if you do give credit where it's due. Simply saying "Look at this, Joe made it" is not enough. You have to have Joe's expressed permission.

You might not think it's a big deal, but it is to someone. If the internet teaches us anything it's that someone, somewhere, sometime will have something to say about it.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah and if that someone is a lawyer, then it can get crappy. So I think you made the right choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for looking out for me, man. Everybody needs a Nils :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I keep telling the ladies... with moderate success, at best.

    ReplyDelete